Tuesday, April 28, 2009

To Be or Not to Be...

They say that I should change myself, to be a better man. To correct some of my weak point, to be better than myself.

There's nothing wrong with that thoughts. But I wonder, is it really wrong to be just myself. I like to joke around. I like to tell some funny stuffs (or unfunny to some others). I try to use them to make others notice...maybe sometimes I do go overboard...but I usually avoid hurting others with it.

And then some say, I should probably stop that. The joking stuffs make other people harder to take me seriously. I guess that's true. Many people will probably think I'm just an empty dude, think of nothing, not serious, a serious joker who can do nothing

Or maybe I'm overstating that.

Well, it may be easier if I can change to another ideal person. But that won't be me. But being me, means I will always have unnecessary troubles to think of, and forever will be 'that kind' of guy...

But that's me. I'm just being me...

Is that wrong? Probably, you might say you can change for the better.

But what if I can't? What if it's part of me?

Should I change myself so others can like me better? Or just wait for someone to understand me?

Whichever path brings only pain....unnecessary pain.

I just wish I can stop thinking of it. Of everything. Really tired of it....

To be or not to be...

4 comments:

Vince T said...

changes are necessary at some point in our life.. but the question on "Should I change myself so others can like me better? Or just wait for someone to understand me?".. this is really hard and subjective kinda thing..

changes can be done in lots of ways.. tone down your joking will also be consider changes.. you will still be youself that like to joke.. something like that..

for me.. I will ask my self one question.. will I be happy with the "new" me after the changes?.. if you have a concrete answer on that.. I am sure you know what to do..

and you can't please everyone.. if you change your joking habit.. those who dislike you will still find something bad about you to criticize..

try to be yourself is the best policy.. and I am only taking about your joker personality.. ofcoz bad temperament and other negative attitude are better to get rid of..

Delvin said...

Hehe. That's kinda long insight lol. Haha. Thx la

Will think more about it

Vince T said...

that's just part of it.. ekeeke.. when we meet.. then we can talk bout it yea..

Regina said...

wow, great advice from ur friend.
A great friend u have there..
Maybe he can help me advice on my prob too =(